General terms of sale
1. All our quotations are subject to sales and without obligation. Offers or sales notes issued by our representatives are only valid after written confirmation on our part.
2. Our invoices are payable in cash at Hagelandstraat 30, 3545 Halen unless otherwise stipulated. Any other means of payment shall not entail waiver of this clause.
3. In the event of unjustified non-payment or justified complaint on the due date of the invoice, the amount shall be increased by 10% without any notice of default, with a minimum of €25. An interest of 10% per annum on the amount due shall be due by operation of law from the due date. Without any further notice.
The non-payment on the due date of a single invoice makes up the balance due of all the other invoices, even those that are not due. Payable immediately by operation of law.
If our confidence in the creditworthiness of the buyer is shaken by acts of judicial execution against the buyer and/or demonstrable other events, which question and/or make impossible the confidence in the proper execution of the commitments entered into by the buyer, we reserve the right, even if the goods have already been dispatched in whole or in part, to suspend all or part of the order and to demand suitable guarantees from the buyer. If the buyer refuses to accept this, we reserve the right to cancel all or part of the order. All this is without prejudice to our rights to all damages and interest.
The drawing and/or acceptance of bills of exchange or other negotiable documents does not imply novation and does not constitute a deviation from the conditions of sale.
4. If the buyer fails to perform his obligations, the sale may be dissolved by operation of law and without notice of default, without prejudice to our rights to all damages and interest. The expression of our will by registered letter will suffice for this purpose.
5. The delivery of the goods takes place at the moment that they are delivered at the agreed place or accepted by the buyer. If the buyer fails to collect the goods or refuses to accept them, they shall remain stored at his risk in our warehouses from the time of the notice of default by registered letter.
6. The goods, even shipped free of freight charge, are transported at the buyer's risk. We decline all liability for accidents during transport, as well as for delays in shipping by rail or other means of transport.
7. No complaint by the buyer regarding quality, quantity or visible defects will be considered if it is not made in writing within 48 hours after delivery. Non-conformity of the number of items must be reported at the time of delivery.
8. In the event of a well-founded complaint, our liability is limited to the replacement of the non-conforming goods, to the exclusion of any compensation.
9. The delivery times mentioned in our confirmation letters are given by way of information only and do not bind us, unless the contrary is expressly stipulated in the contract. Under no circumstances may the purchaser invoke these time limits to claim compensation.
10. For imported wood sold in English sizes, the conversion into metric sizes shall take place in accordance with the usage written down in the General Terms of Sale of Antwerp.
11. Our general terms of sale form an integral part of the contract of sale, unless the buyer has disputed them at the time the contract was concluded.
12. Clause of assignment of claim: in the event that the buyer resells the goods belonging to the seller, even if processed, he shall henceforth assign to the seller all claims resulting from this resale.
13. Retention of title clause:
The goods remain the property of the seller until full payment of the price. All risks are borne by the buyer. The advances paid continue to be acquired by the seller as compensation for possible losses on resale.
14. In the event of a dispute, only the courts of the place where the registered office of Brems Doors / Brems Services is located shall have jurisdiction.